We love our volunteers!
Hey, you! Volunteers! This Park wouldn’t be here without you and we appreciate all that you do. So come on by Sunday, October 13, 11am-1pm–grab some pizza and a drink and let us tell you how awesome you are!
What: Volunteer Appreciation
Where: West Central Park
When: Sunday, October 13th, 11am-1pm
Day of Caring
A huge thank you to United Way of Thurston County, WA Labor and Industries, and Cayzen Technologies for coming out last Friday for Day of Caring.
They worked so hard to dig a trench and install a metal barrier; take down and put away the stage; weed and beautify the area; and plant cover crops in our raised vegetable beds.
It’s amazing what can get done in such a short amount of time when we have a group of dedicated volunteers that all pitch in!
West Central Park Project Winter Gala
Keep your calendar open! We’re working hard on putting together a fun gala to support the Park! So far, we have The Lumen rocking and Larry Hill playing piano. The Park Side Cafe will be catering with delicious appetizer and dessert bites. It’ll be a great time you won’t want to miss! Tickets go on sale next week!
What: West Central Park Project Winter Gala
When: December 13th, 2019 7pm-11pm
Where: Abigail Stuart House
Dress: “Olympia Black Tie”
Cost: Early bird price-$75 After November 15-$80
All proceeds will go to the Park!
Have something you’d like to donate for the silent auction? Please let us know! Here are some examples:
- Services (photography, commissioned art, massage, private chef, etc)
- Experiences (tickets, ski passes, hotel/resort stays, boat cruise, dance lessons)
Sunday Work Parties
Every Sunday, 11am-1pm come to the Park to help pull weeds, clean up, and harvest the gardens. Have a burning gardening question you need answered? Ask Dave, WCP Landscape Chair and Master Gardener. He’ll trade you answers for pulled weeds!
Gardening not your thing? That’s ok! We have lots of other volunteer opportunities!
Here are some examples of things we could use help with:
- Administrative: organizing files, writing and mailing thank you notes to donors, managing contact information
- Marketing/Outreach: designing flyers and other outreach material, writing blog posts, staffing a table at events
- Event setup: set up tents, serve popcorn, help bands as needed
- Game/Equipment rental: during set times, be available to check out chess pieces, yard games, and croquet set
- Park Maintenance: weeding, watering, mowing, clipping, tending