Thank You and
We can’t thank our community enough for such an amazing summer of events! We danced, we sang, we had great conversations — what more could we ask for?
We can’t wait to do it again next year but we need your help! Both your time and money are needed to keep these events and the Park going and every dollar and minute you can give are appreciated.
To donate or become a sponsor:
Thank you to this year’s sponsors!
- Altis Construction
- Oly Built
- Rocco Turpine from State Farm
- South Sound Business Services
- The Marie Bed and Breakfast
- The Park Side Café
- West Olympia Pet Hospital
West Central Park Project Holiday Gala
Sad that WCP Summer events are over? Well, get the wrinkles out of your evening best and mark your calendar for our Holiday Gala!
What: West Central Park Project Holiday Gala
When: December 13th, 2019 6-Midnight
Where: Abigail Stuart House
Dress: Black Tie
We’ll have more details soon but there will be delicious appetizers, beer and wine, live music, dancing, and a silent auction.
All proceeds will go to the Park!
Have something you’d like to donate for the silent auction? Please let us know! Here are some examples:
- Services (photography, commissioned art, massage, private chef, etc)
- Experiences (tickets, ski passes, hotel/resort stays, boat cruise, dance lessons)
As things begin to slow down around here, we’ll be sending out the newsletter every other week rather than every week. If there’s anything in particular you’d like to read about, let us know and we’ll try to include it!
Little Free Library
We got a wonderful donation of a BUNCH of kids’ books from the Eastside Co-op Preschool. It’s always hard to keep books for children in our Library and now we’ll be stocked for a while. So, thank you ECP from WCP!
Bring the kids, grab some lunch at The Park Side Cafe, and have a picnic while you read one of the new books!
Sunday Work Parties
Every Sunday, 10am-1pm come to the Park to help pull weeds, clean up, and harvest the gardens. Have a burning gardening question you need answered? Ask Dave, WCP Landscape Chair and Master Gardener. He’ll trade you answers for pulled weeds!
Gardening not your thing? That’s ok! We have lots of other volunteer opportunities!
Here are some examples of things we could use help with:
- Administrative: organizing files, writing and mailing thank you notes to donors, managing contact information
- Marketing/Outreach: designing flyers and other outreach material, writing blog posts, staffing a table at events
- Event setup: set up tents, serve popcorn, help bands as needed
- Game/Equipment rental: during set times, be available to check out chess pieces, yard games, and croquet set
- Park Maintenance: weeding, watering, mowing, clipping, tending