West Central Park Project Winter Gala
Tickets are on sale! You can purchase tickets online here. You can purchase tickets in person at The Park Side Cafe or Phoebe’s Cafe.
We have The Lumen rocking and Larry Hill playing piano. The Park Side Cafe will be catering with delicious appetizer and dessert bites. It’ll be a great time you won’t want to miss! Tickets are on sale at the Park office now and online soon!
What: West Central Park Project Winter Gala
When: December 13th, 2019 7pm-11pm
Where: Abigail Stuart House
Dress: “Olympia Black Tie”
Cost: After November 15-$80
All proceeds will go to the Park!
Have something you’d like to donate for the silent auction? Please let us know! Here are some examples:
- Services (photography, commissioned art, massage, private chef, etc)
- Experiences (tickets, ski passes, hotel/resort stays, boat cruise, dance lessons)
The collaborative Garden Discovery Walks program harnesses the healing power of the environment to help people with memory loss
Special to The Seattle Times
“The concept of the program is simple: Spend time in nature. While nature brings cognitive stimulation for everybody, it can be especially helpful for people with dementia. By creating a safe environment, garden walks can reduce anxiety and make it easier for those with memory loss to interact with people around them. The art-crafting part of the experience allows participants to engage their motor skills and access their inner creativity.”
Sunday Work Parties
Every Sunday, 11am-1pm come to the Park to help pull weeds, clean up, and harvest the gardens. Have a burning gardening question you need answered? Ask Dave, WCP Landscape Chair and Master Gardener. He’ll trade you answers for pulled weeds!
Gardening not your thing? That’s ok! We have lots of other volunteer opportunities!
Here are some examples of things we could use help with:
- Administrative: organizing files, writing and mailing thank you notes to donors, managing contact information
- Marketing/Outreach: designing flyers and other outreach material, writing blog posts, staffing a table at events
- Gala preparation: set up, tear down, assist with auction and raffles, help bands as needed
- Park Maintenance: weeding, mowing, clipping, tending